• Thu., Apr. 24, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 01, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 15, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 22, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

Keisel takes part in White House fun

Posted by Teresa Varley on April 1, 2013 – 3:41 pm

Steelers’ defensive end Brett Keisel was among a handful of NFL players who took part in the annual White House Easter Egg Roll on Monday.

Keisel was there on behalf of the NFL’s Play 60 campaign, encouraging kids to stay active and play for 60 minutes a day.

“It was amazing,” said Keisel. “When we got there I couldn’t help but think about the last time I was at the White House, with my teammates celebrating the Super Bowl XLIII victory.

“I really appreciate the NFL’s Play 60 movement because I know with my kids if they don’t get outside and play for a day they go crazy. It’s so much better for them, so much healthier to get them active and do things kids need to do to be healthy and happy.”

Keisel, along with 49ers receiver Anquan Boldin, Giants receiver Victor Cruz, and Vikings running back Adrian Peterson, led kids in fun and games, but also got a treat of their own when they met President Barack Obama.

“It was awesome,” said Keisel. “It wasn’t just Mr. President but it was the whole first family we met. It was an honor for me. I told him Ambassador (Dan) Rooney said hello. I gave him some ‘Beard’ gear. He knew about the beard and who I was and that was an honor for me. I hope he goes out and drains some threes wearing the ‘Beard’ gear.”

Keisel, who was joined by his wife Sarah and three children, also had an opportunity to see some of the monuments in Washington, D.C.

“You look around and see all of the history, and all of the monuments to immortalize our country it makes it really special,” said Keisel. “It was pretty surreal today. It was just a cool thing. We saw the memorials and it’s so humbling to see those and walk around and think about our great country and how lucky we are to have all of the freedoms and rights we have.”

Keisel_WH1 Keisel_WH2