• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Fri., Nov. 21, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EST Mike Tomlin Press Conference

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EST Mike Tomlin Press Conference

Inside the locker room: Heath Miller

Posted by Teresa Varley on December 26, 2012 – 5:02 pm

Tight end Heath Miller, who was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday after suffering an ACL injury against the Bengals, was in the locker room folllowing practice and talked about the injury.

Re: The injury:
It is what it is. I will just try to make the most out of it and get better.

Did the tackle early in the game have any effect on the injury?
I don’t know for sure. It’s hard to say.

Re: You weren’t too thrilled about that tackle:
No, it’s never a comfortable position to be in. That’s part of today’s game, based on the rules that are being put in place.

Re: Timetable for return:
I just am taking it day-by-day now. We will do the surgery, and I look to get better each and every day.

Is the surgery scheduled yet?
Yeah, it will be done tomorrow.

Is the ACL the most serious part?
I would assume. I know it will have to be fixed. We will go from there.

Is the PCL damaged?
Yeah it is. But I guess they don’t do anything for that. That will heal on its own. This is kind of new territory for me.

Re: Ready for training camp next season:
I am just going to take it day-by-day and try to get better each day, and go from there.

Re: Worst injury before this was a sports hernia:
Yeah that was easy compared to this. Especially now, they do it in and out.

Re: The season:
It’s disappointing, because we didn’t perform as well as we would have liked. It’s obvious. I personally have a lot of work to do in this offseason but as a team I think we have a lot of work to do. This is unfamiliar territory for us. We need to get better.

Re: Unfamiliar territory:
There aren’t many meaningless games around here. We just will approach it full steam ahead.

What would it mean to you if you were voted Steelers MVP?
It’s an honor. It would be humbling. Like I said, the overriding factor is the disappointing season and not doing what we set out to do.

Re: Timetable:
I think it would be unfair to predict how my body is going to heal or how the rehab process will go. I am just going to try to get better each day and see where that takes me.

Re: Possibly making the Pro Bowl:
I don’t know. It’s not why I play. It’s a nice accolade but obviously it was a disappointing season and we aren’t where we want to be.

Posted in News, Player | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Inside the locker room: Heath Miller”

1. By hector ortiz on Dec 29, 2012 | Reply

TO ME RIGHT NOW HEAT MILLER IS THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE STEELERS.