• Thu., Apr. 24, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 01, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 15, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 22, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

Pouncey works at guard in practice

Posted by Teresa Varley on November 28, 2012 – 10:19 pm

There could be a major change on the Steelers’ offensive line on Sunday against the Ravens after center Maurkice Pouncey worked at left guard in practice, while Willie Colon sat out still bothered by his knee.

“If Willie Colon doesn’t play, I will play guard,” said Pouncey, who hasn’t practiced at the position since training camp of his rookie season. “I am glad Coach (Mike) Tomlin put us in pads today. It gave me the opportunity to go out there and get my technique down and feel the physicality of it. I got to see the different looks at guard than I do at center.”

There has been a rash of injuries on the line recently, including tackle Mike Adams who already has been ruled out this week. Pouncey knows if one man goes down, others have to just step up their game.

“We have some injuries and it’s different but we have to keep fighting,” said Pouncey. “We have to be professional about it. We have to get better in practice.”

If Pouncey were to move to guard, Doug Legursky would start at center.

“I think it is no secret around the league or around this locker room that I am a better center than I am a guard,” said Legursky. “I know personally that I am more natural there.”

Posted in News, Player | Comments Off