• There are no Events to display in this category.

Clark, Redman practice; five others don’t

Posted by Teresa Varley on October 31, 2012 – 4:50 pm

Five players missed practice on Wednesday, including running back Jonathan Dwyer (quadriceps), tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), and linebackers Stevenson Sylvester (hamstring) and LaMarr Woodley (hamstring).

In addition, running backs Baron Batch (shin), and Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) practiced only on a limited basis.

There was good news, though, as safety Ryan Clark was a full participant in practice after suffering a concussion against the Washington Redskins on Sunday.

“I got dinged. It was a football play,” said Clark. “I passed my test this morning that I had to take. Practice was another test. You have to make sure none of the other systems linger from having a concussion. I feel good. I am going to continue preparing to get ready for the game on Sunday.”

Also back on the practice field was running back Isaac Redman, who missed the last few weeks with an ankle injury.

“I feel pretty good,” said Redman. “I got loosened up as practice went along. I felt good. There were no problems.

“I am ready to go. I have been sitting out too long. I am ready to get back on the field.”

Tags: ,
Posted in News, Player | 8 Comments »

8 Responses to “Clark, Redman practice; five others don’t”

1. By diehardsteelersfan09 on Oct 31, 2012 | Reply

I hope Polamalu gets better soon. We really need him. Glad to see Clark and Redman doing well. So many injuries this year. Its not even funny. Hopefully we get healthy again at the right time…

2. By Will on Oct 31, 2012 | Reply

We need Issac, Ryan and anyone else who is healthy, we can win this week-end if we play Steelers football.

GO STEELERS!!!!

3. By BMeade on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

So happy to see Clark up and going. We REALLY need him on the field. Hopefully, we can get Woodley back and Troy, and everyone at ome point during this season to play as a full team. However, if they play later rather than sooner, maybe that will be the best, maybe this team will come on late as they have been known to do in former superbowl years. Go Steelers.

4. By Seth Misak on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

I look forward to watching Redman play he is a great player

5. By IBleedBlackandGold10 on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

I really hate to see Dwyer on the list of those not practicing. He has given us a huge lift the past two games with his hard running. We really need him on the field against the Giants.

6. By ol steelerfan on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

get well soon ailing steelers be amazing steelers in playoffs

7. By BLEEDblackNgold on Nov 1, 2012 | Reply

Yes we have a lot of key players injured but with our team we have always had the next man up mentality. I think we need to rest players like TROY and RASHARD until they are 100% becaus ebrining them back too early just to have them risk being injured for the end of the season or the playoffs isn’t worth it. We are playing well with the players filling in for the injured we have had a 4th quater lead in every game this season we just need to hold on 1 more drive on D or sit on the ball and run the clock on O… but putting the season into perspective we are not real far away from 7-0 but thats the NFL. All we have to do is stick to the fundimentals and we wil be fine no matter who is asked to play.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!

8. By failout on Nov 2, 2012 | Reply

You guys shoulds start Dwyer regardless. Best back this year by far I know injuries haven’t helped but they happen. Back to Back 100+ games is huge for the passing game. Let him take a run at it. Cant do any better than mendenhall his 2 games this season with 74 yds.