• Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EST Mike Tomlin Press Conference

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Wed., Dec. 03, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Wed., Dec. 03, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Thu., Dec. 04, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., Dec. 04, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Dec. 05, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Fri., Dec. 05, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Dec. 08, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

Redman ready to move forward

Posted by Teresa Varley on September 5, 2012 – 7:22 pm

Running back Isaac Redman is hoping to see action this Sunday against the Broncos as he is coming off an ankle injury.

Coach Mike Tomlin has left the door open for Redman, as well as Rashard Mendenhall, James Harrison and Jason Worilds, to play in Denver. Now it’s just a matter of how Redman’s ankle continues to react in practice.

“Everything felt good. I am ready to move forward,” said Redman after practice on Wednesday. “I feel a lot better,” said Redman. “I am still waiting. I don’t know what is going on. Hopefully I can get my body ready for Sunday. That is why I am working hard, being in the training room early, and getting my ankle to 100 percent. It has been getting better every day. I am getting as much treatment as possible.

“I want to play real bad. I just am going to work real hard. I am going to fully practice, do everything, go through the whole practice and hopefully I don’t have any setbacks.”

Redman started last season when the Steelers lost to the Broncos in the AFC Wild Card game, having the best performance of his career with 17 carries for 121 yards, including a career-long 32-yard run.

But the individual stats didn’t mean much after the Steelers lost the game in overtime on an 80-yard touchdown catch by Demaryius Thomas.

“I was visualizing scoring the touchdown as he was running for the touchdown,” recalled Redman. “I wasn’t watching the play. I was on the sidelines stretching, getting my legs together and I heard the crowd go crazy. You have a good game, visualize yourself winning for your team and it’s sad to have it go down like that.”

Redman is hoping his vision for this season is much better, though, and loves the group of running backs the team has that includes himself, Mendenhall, Jonathan Dwyer, Baron Batch and Chris Rainey.

“It should be a great year,” said Redman. “We have a lot of running backs able to run the ball, catch it out of the backfield. I visualize us having a running back corps that is going to be known around the league as one of the best groups of running backs.”

Posted in News, Team | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Redman ready to move forward”

1. By dale r. schaffner sr. on Sep 6, 2012 | Reply

go get this one for u guys isaac but also get it for the nations we need to come out of the blocks fast and never look back the main thing is be physical go 110% all day and we will come home victorious GOD GO WITH ALL OF YOU