• Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., Sep. 18, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Fri., Sep. 19, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Sep. 22, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EDT Mike Tomlin Press Conference

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Tue., Sep. 23, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Wed., Sep. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Wed., Sep. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., Sep. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EDT Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Sep. 26, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

Things going smooth for Brown

Posted by Teresa Varley on August 17, 2012 – 1:00 pm

Cornerback Curtis Brown saw limited playing time last season, and when he did it was mainly on special teams.

But Brown feels in his second season he is having a good camp as he battles Keenan Lewis and Cortez Allen for the starting cornerback spot opposite Ike Taylor.

“I feel it’s gone pretty smooth so far,” said Brown. “I got a lot of playing time to get better and I think it’s gone smooth.

“I am just trying to get myself ready in case my name is called. Keenan and Cortez had playing time on the field last year so they are kind of used to it. I didn’t have the chance to get on the field last year. I want to prove myself during this camp that I can go out there and provide quality work.”

Brown was hampered last year by a knee injury, but also was inactive because of the depth at the position. With a full offseason to prepare for 2012, he is hoping to show he should be out there.

“I figure if I am good enough, if I have progressed enough, they will put me on the field,” said Brown. “When it is my time I am sure they will give me a shot.

“My comfort level is where I need to be. I feel like I am ready.”

Posted in Training Camp | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Things going smooth for Brown”

1. By dana moore on Aug 18, 2012 | Reply

I wonder who will start at the other cornerback spot?