• Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Nov. 24, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EST Mike Tomlin Press Conference

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Tue., Nov. 25, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Wed., Nov. 26, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Thu., Nov. 27, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Fri., Nov. 28, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Mon., Dec. 01, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM EST Mike Tomlin Press Conference

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

• Tue., Dec. 02, 2014 4:00 PM - 8:00 PM EST Steelers Nation Radio Steelers Nation Radio brings you the latest Steelers news, analysis, and gameday radio.
  • Wed., Dec. 03, 2014 4:00 PM - 4:30 PM EST Steelers.com LIVE

Hampton wants to be ready for opener

Posted by Teresa Varley on July 29, 2012 – 7:15 pm

Nose tackle Casey Hampton is nothing but a spectator in camp so far, on the PUP list with a knee injury, but his goal is to be on the field for the start of the season.

“I’ll be ready to go,” said Hampton. “I have been running. My goal is to be ready for the first game.”

Hampton has always said he doesn’t like training camp, but missing time because he is injured is something he likes even less.

“It is different when you are forced to be on it because of injury,” said Hampton. “You never want to be hurt. But hopefully I will be ready to go.

“I don’t have a problem with being on there (PUP list) as long as I need to be. I just want to get it right and be right when I am out there. I don’t want to be out there hobbling, limping around. I want to be ready to go.”

With the Summer Olympics underway, Hampton was asked what his best event would be.

“The 10-yard sprint,” joked Hampton. “I am at top speed at 10 yards .I don’t have nothing left after that.”

Posted in Training Camp | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Hampton wants to be ready for opener”

1. By guy on Aug 2, 2012 | Reply