• Thu., Apr. 24, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 01, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 08, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 15, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

• Thu., May. 22, 2014 4:00PM - 4:30PM EDT Steelers.com LIVE

Woodley’s sacks coming at key time

Posted by Teresa Varley on October 28, 2011 – 6:12 pm

After recording only one and a half sacks in the Steelers first four games, linebacker LaMarr Woodley has exploded with five and a half sacks in the last three games, giving him seven on the season.

“It’s just been happening,” said Woodley. “The defensive line and the secondary have been doing a great job and I have been taking advantage of the opportunities and just getting the sacks.

“That is how you usually make plays, stuff going on around you and they give you an opportunity to make a play and you have to make it. That is what I have been doing these past few games.”

Woodley’s sack totals have gone up at the perfect time, with fellow linebacker James Harrison out of the lineup with an eye injury for the last three games.

“I am going to do what I normally do,” said Woodley. “I always expect myself to go in there and play hard for the team no matter who is in there. If James is in there I hold myself to a high standard, if he is not in there I hold myself to a high standard. My getting to the quarterback just helps this team win.”

As much as Woodley would like to record a few more sacks this week against the New England Patriots, the most important thing to him is winning. If the sacks come, great and if not, then so be it.

“Winning is definitely more important,” said Woodley. “If I had a sack in the Texans game, and I had a sack in the Ravens game, it really doesn’t matter. Sacks don’t really matter when you lose. They matter when you are winning. When you lose, it’s like I got a sack but it’s not important.”

Posted in Uncategorized | 1 Comment »

One Response to “Woodley’s sacks coming at key time”

1. By Mike K. on Oct 31, 2011 | Reply

Great job Woodley. Slow start and now you’ve taken off. I hope your injury isn’t too awful bad. Who else is gonna get sacks if your not in there. Keep killin em’ Woodley. “STEELER NATION”